Wednesday, October 19, 2005

One Fathom Bank – Final Update before Departure

Wednesday, 19 October 2005. 11.00 am.

As I am writing this, we (Navin, Jeishen, May, Hari, Vasu Uncle, Kavitha and me) have about 48 hours to go before we leave for our fishing expedition at One Fathom Bank.
I don’t know what preparations the others have made, but here are the things that I will be bringing and the preparations that I have made.

  • Fishing RodsFenwick 6’6”, Abu Garcia 8’, Figo 9’, Daiwa 10’
  • ReelsMitchell (65 lb braided line with spare 40 lb mono), Okuma (80 lb braided with spare 25 lb mono), Penn (25 lb mono)
  • RigsA few types of rigs meant for bottom fishing and surface fishing
  • HooksVarious size and types
  • WeightsVarious size (Ranging from size 5 – 10)
  • Swivel & ClipsSuper strong swivel (Can take up to 150 lb of load)
  • Apollo Jigsabout 15 packets (Size 6,7,8,10)
  • Metal Jigs60g, 80g and 100g jigs
  • Leader Linesmono leader (30 lb, 60 lb, 80 lb), wire leader (45 lb, 100 lb)
  • Fighting belt
  • Gaff
  • Gloves

I think I have almost everything that is needed for the trip. Judging from what I have read from the internet and the story that the boatman was telling Navin and me the other day, we should all be having a ball of a time at One Fathom Bank.

Stay tuned for the fishing and catch report in the next post. Adios amigos. Till we meet again.

"Anglers...exaggerate grossly and make gentle and inoffensive creatures sound like wounded buffalo and man-eating tigers." ~ Roderick Haig-Brown

1 comment:

Bernard Crosby said...

This is awessome