Wednesday, 19 October 2005. 11.00 am.
As I am writing this, we (Navin, Jeishen, May, Hari, Vasu Uncle, Kavitha and me) have about 48 hours to go before we leave for our fishing expedition at One Fathom Bank.
I don’t know what preparations the others have made, but here are the things that I will be bringing and the preparations that I have made.
- Fishing Rods – Fenwick 6’6”, Abu Garcia 8’, Figo 9’, Daiwa 10’
- Reels – Mitchell (65 lb braided line with spare 40 lb mono), Okuma (80 lb braided with spare 25 lb mono), Penn (25 lb mono)
- Rigs – A few types of rigs meant for bottom fishing and surface fishing
- Hooks – Various size and types
- Weights – Various size (Ranging from size 5 – 10)
- Swivel & Clips – Super strong swivel (Can take up to 150 lb of load)
- Apollo Jigs – about 15 packets (Size 6,7,8,10)
- Metal Jigs – 60g, 80g and 100g jigs
- Leader Lines – mono leader (30 lb, 60 lb, 80 lb), wire leader (45 lb, 100 lb)
- Fighting belt
I think I have almost everything that is needed for the trip. Judging from what I have read from the internet and the story that the boatman was telling Navin and me the other day, we should all be having a ball of a time at One Fathom Bank.
Stay tuned for the fishing and catch report in the next post. Adios amigos. Till we meet again.
"Anglers...exaggerate grossly and make gentle and inoffensive creatures sound like wounded buffalo and man-eating tigers." ~ Roderick Haig-Brown