Monday, August 29, 2005
Thursday, August 25, 2005
- Fishing rod x 2
- Reel x 1
- Super strong line
- Any other item deemed necessary by the crazy fisherman.
Knowing me, I SERIOUSLY doubt the above mentioned items will be the only items that I will be buying. I might end up with lots of other unnecessary items. Well see lah how it goes. Say tuned for pictures and technical specifications of the items that i bought.
My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. ~Koos Brandt
Monday, August 22, 2005
Life is unfair. So very Unfair. On the day that I was unable to join my cousins for fishing. (Refer to Oh...!!! The agony...!!!), that is the day they come back home with a bumper harvest of fishes. Just have a look at the photos.. I am SOOOO VERY JEALOUS...!!!!!!!
I received the photos this morning over the phone. Jeishen sent it to me using MMS. I was driving when I received the messages sent to me. Imagine my HORROR when I saw the photos. If I could kick myself in the ass, I would have done so.
On the bright side, There are many fishes in the sea rite, so no point crying over split milk. What is done, is done. Plus FAMILY is much more IMPORTANT than fishing.
Next week however, I WILL get my vengeance. I'm planning to get 2 more new fishing rods and one new reel. Still undecided on the length of the rod yet. I have a 6'6" rod. I'm planning to get an 8' rod and a 12' rod if possible. Once I get my hands on the rods I will publish it in the blog. stay tuned to see my latest gears.
Sunday, August 21, 2005
I'll post details of their fishing accouter once I have heard the complete story from them. I have verify their story before publishing it. Well you know what they say about fishermen, "the size of the fish grows by an inch every time the story is being told". So, once I have verified it you will definitely be hearing from me soon.
Saturday, August 20, 2005
A collection of quotes on fishing.
- Fishing is the sport of drowning worms. ~Author Unknown
- May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. ~Irish Blessing
- Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. ~Author Unknown
- There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965
- There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. ~Steven Wright
- The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
- You will find angling to be like the virtue of humanity, which has a calmness of spirit and a world of blessing attending upon it." ~ Izaak Walton
- Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~ Jimmy D Moore
- Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God. ~ Tony Blake
- And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men. ~Mark 1:17
More to come. stay tuned people.
Tuesday, August 16, 2005
There are a few words that can describe what me and my cousin Navin felt that night.
- F**KED UP
- STUPID ASSES
Wondering what I'm talking about? Here are the nitty gritty details.
- Place : Marina World Resort, Port Dickson
- Start Date : 13 August 2005
- Start Time : 8.00 pm
- End Date : 14 August 2005
- End Time : 4.00 am
- Baits used : Dead prawn, fish, squid (sotong), pumpun
- Number of rods : 5
- Persons fishing : 2 (Sharma & Navin)
- Total Catch : 1 fish (gelama), 1 crab.
I guess you can roughly figure out why we felt the way we felt. Imagine this; sitting for 8 freaking hours fishing, with a total of 5 rods in the water and all you have to show after all that is ONE miserable gelama fish and ONE crab. Even the crab was a fluke shot. It got tangle in the line while trying to steal the bait from the hook. The whole fishing experience was strange. Kinda weird you know. Maybe it was due to the Hungry Ghost Festival.
Why strange you might ask. Here's why... We had a total of 5 rods in the water. Strangely, we were not getting any bites. No movement whatsoever on our rods. We had bells on the tip of our rods which would sound at the slightest disturbance on our lines but the bells were eerily silent. It had me thinking that maybe fishing during Hungry Ghost Festival was not the right idea. It was as if the waters of Port Dickson was without fish. There was this one time, I reeled in my line after about 30 minutes of cast and guess what..!! The damn bait was still hooked onto the hook. No disturbance at all. No indications of small fishes biting into the bait. Funny eh.
Even the tides were funny that night. According to the tide table that we had, the time was suppose to come in at around 7:00 pm. Guess what, the total opposite happened. Instead of tide coming in, it was going out. Then at about 12:00 am the tide started to come in. That was when Navin got his gelama. The fish was landed at about 12:40 am after a brief fight. The both of us were pumped up after that catch. We were hoping to land more fishes. Sadly though, that was all the action that we had that night. Everything became silent after a while. No more biting, no more casting. We basically sat there and started to enjoy the beer that we brought. And then the strangest thing happened.... We saw the time going out again. At about 2:30 am the tide started to go out again. Strange huh. Something fishy (no pun intended) was going out.
Finally after spending 8 freaking hours of casting in the deep blue nothing we decided to call it a day. We had enough fishing for the day. Maybe next week we will try our luck again . Maybe by then, the Hungry Ghost would have eaten enough and let us catch some fishes.
"One Cast, One Tug, One Strike & A Mighty Fight"
Monday, August 15, 2005
- One Fathom Bank. *Highly Recommended
- Pulau Sembilan *Highly Recommended
- Sun Vista Ship Wreck *Highly Recommended
- Hutan Melintang *Highly Recommended
- Pulau Angsa. *Highly Recommended
- Secret Lubang, Straits of Malacca. *Highly Recommended
- Kelong Fauzy, Lukut
- Marina World Resort, Port Dickson
- Sungai Pelek
- Pulau Indah Jetty
- Desa Sportfishing Pond (paypond)
- Pulau Indah Paypond (paypond)
- Bagan Lalang, Selangor
- Batu Caves ex-mining pond
- Ex-mining ponds around Bukit Beruntung
- Sea Lion Pond, Klang (paypond)
- Lighthouse area, Port Dickson
- Kampung Timah, Rawang
- Angler's Paradise, Pulau Indah
- River in Banting, Selangor
- Ex-mining pond in Rawang
- Subang Jaya Lake
- Sg. Buaya (paypond)
- Hulu Langat area (payponds)
- Taman Cuepacs, Cheras (paypond)
- Pulau Penyabong
We can help to organize a trip especially to the ones that we strongly recommend.
We are a bunch of crazy fishermen (and woman) who regularly go out fishing. We are all from around Kuala Lumpur. We usually do our fishing during the weekends.
I would like to take this opportunity to extend my warmest welcome to anyone out there who would like to join us fishing during the weekends.
Most of the time we do shore or river fishing. Once in a while we would venture out to the sea. Do feel free to join us.
Below are the list of active (and inactive) of Team Crazyfisherman.
- Sharma aka Krazie Fishie (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- Navin aka Mr. DHL
- Jeishen aka Lou Gong
- May aka Lou Gee
If anyone out there who wants to join us for fishing, or you have problems in making up the numbers for a fishing trip. Please drop me a line. I'm looking forward for your mail...
I have decided to start this blog to share my knowledge in fishing (talking as if professional angler). This is gonna be a fun blog, nothing serious. I'm gonna share with you my adventures and misadventures during fishing. Hope some of it will be a valuable lesson for the other fishermen out there. Maybe my blog will inspire non-believers into embracing a new passion called FISHING..
Stay tuned for more updates to come. Let me end this blog with a saying that my dear sister shared with me today.
"Fishing Is One Jerk Sitting On One End, Waiting For Another Jerk On The Other End"